Tuesday, February 23, 2010

+PTS+LOKETEST+WHAT? O_O+


It’s been exactly a month since my last journal entry…right down to the date, haha! I think that may have happened before but I never really noticed. Just kinda weird I guess. Anyway, for those that are wondering what the “eff” I’ve been up to—well, not too long ago I officially finished my sample chapter to Part Time Shuffle, “Part Time Shuffle: Volume 000” and despite wanting to make a few things better I’m pretty happy with what I have so far and I can only hope that you and any others who have read it definitely enjoyed themselves as well.


But now that the first sample chapter is behind me…what is there to do? Plenty. While I have it up online and people can read it at their leisure—its always good to have more beef sitting in the marinade just in case people are greedy for seconds. What do I mean by seconds? Well, I mean the newest addition to my set of Part Time Shuffle sample chapters-that’s what.
In the veign of a japanese beta test for a fighting game, I introduce the next sample chapter of Part Time Shuffle: Volume 000: Tetrazzini Impact. A common process for the release of an arcade fighting game in Japan is that when close to being 100% complete, developers allow a test version of the game to be played in select arcades where developers can obtain feedback from players on the overall feel of the game, character specifics, and potential balance tweaks to make the game a better product. What I’m doing is quite similar to a traditional practice that has been going on for years. Before I hopefully get published, I will be premiering my sample chapters online and at other venues/companies that I wish to not devulge just yet in hopes of getting feedback from various sources, one of them being fans/followers of my DeviantArt page. I will updating my DeviantArt soon with new promotional pieces and possibly teaser pieces of the upcoming sample chapter.

I’ve learned a lot from doing the previous sample, and I’m definitely going to be working even harder, and possibly faster to finish the next sample chapter. Maybe one day my comic, after some loke-testing will be able to go “gold”. With that said I hope you enjoyed the first chapter from Part Time Shuffle Volume 000 and that you will enjoy Tetrazzini Impact even more.
Before I end this journal, I’d like to thank the people who do continue to follow/support my DeviantArt page, and my blog which in turn supports my goal to have this book picked up and published. The only favor that I ask from any of you is to tell anyone else you know about my book, or my DeviantArt page that would be interested in what I have to offer. If you’ve got Twitter, drop a link if you can and I will be more than appreciative of your kind gesture! Also, if you can let prospective publishers of manga (Oni Press, Yen Press, Seven Seas, and Viz to name a few!) know that you'd like to see this published and picked up--that would be awesome as well.

Best luck to everyone and their projects and endeavors, and of course…

Stay Beefy.

If you're wondering how powerful "Tetrazzini" can be, let me show you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RZxbKvD1YQ

And for the people who may not have read my sample chapter just yet,

http://beefykunoichi.mangakagallery.com/

No comments: