Tuesday, December 29, 2009

BEEFY+VS+COUNTRY

As I promised a few minutes ago, the ongoing saga of my recent blog update is back from a commercial and ready to present:

MAGMATIC CRITIQUE IS HAPPEN!

BEEFY KUNOICHI vs COUNTRY RIB! MESQUITE'S DILEMMA

As most of my friends know, I love ribs. I don't eat them often considering I want to be at least moderately attractive to people, and I'd prefer not to be stuck in a itis-generated coma for the next 10 years. Despite that, I love some really good ribs. Surprisingly there are a few places that you can get decent ones--when I say decent I imply that they're edible enough to be eaten while they may not be the best entirely. If people wish to debate about where to get the best ribs--I'm ready, but for now let's continue with the blog!

Normally when I go out for ribs--I have an expectation of a decent meal. Tender meat with decent seasoning, with a tender but mildly firm texture. Doused in Mesquite BBQ, or a Carolina Sauce with tangy smack on the end. That's what I expect from ribs--be it country style, spare-rib, or any method for basis of culinary exploration. This usually happens with no fail as my friends during my stay in Savannah can attest to. Well, on this day--I was let down.

Its strange because while I refused to name the restaurant where I experienced this dissappointment, it was a place I frequent alot for ribs. For some reason, albeit the beauty it implied in front me the venture into this feast was not a good one, so much that I felt the need to write about my unfortunate encounter with low-mid tier cookery.

MAGMATIC CRITIQUE IS HAPPEN!

BEEFY KUNOICHI vs COUNTRY RIB! MESQUITE'S DILEMMA


















Despite how beautiful this meal appears in this photo, in terms of overall taste and texture, it was shocking how mediocre it was. To combat that, I will note that in terms of consistency this is one bump in the road alongside many successful visits, (granted--the majority of previous visits were to locations out of the state I currently live in) and I don't count this to have more weight than the great experiences I've had there. The issue is having been so happy to eat here previously to be dissappointed only lead me to the blog I'm writing now.


I don't have much experience in making ribs since I'm fairly new to BBQ'ing myself but once thing that stood out was a very odd texture within the meat of the meal. It tasted as if it definitely needed to be cooked a bit more? It wasn't raw or anything...it just wasn't cooked enough to have the consistency/texture to be typical of country ribs. You'd think, " Well, being slightly undercooked shouldn't be too bad right?" No...I think no matter the course, the intended taste or texture have to both be on par with each other in order to make a great meal. The sauce was fine, although the placement of the rib smashed a bit of my fries but the main issue was that overall texture was off and affected EVERYTHING about the ribs for me. Just goes to show that everything should be as equally well....Gestalt-ism with food...yes...I believe it!

To reiterate, I'm no cooking expert but one thing I like is for food to be as good as it possibly can be especially when I pay for it!

When possible--I think that if people have time, they should treat food the same as we treat whatever projects we work, on it definitely makes it worth the time to relish and enjoy the wonderfulness that comes with completing a project! Even if its just your meal while working.

I hope to see other artists' culinary experiments on their blogs...is this a challenge? Could be?

Stay tuned for Part 3

WELCOME TO THIS TOUGEKI TIME!

-My thoughts on Tougeki SBO DVD Vol. 7
-Bayonetta opinions
- Current progress on Part Time Shuffle!

No comments: